Thursday, May 22, 2014

Painting

Lately, the more artistic side of my personality has been clamoring for attention and in order to appease it, I've been fooling around with paints. Specifically, a painting kit I received years ago for Christmas from John. Why a painting kit? I'm supposed to be a writer. I think it was perhaps I've always been drawn to arrays or pallets of colors, and as a kid, I always secretly longed for the Crayola box of 64 crayons with the built in sharpener. I never got them because I didn't whine loud enough or my parents thought that many crayons was silly, and besides I was just going to ruin them or worse, I was going to ruin something in the house. So my brother and I made do with the 16 or 24 pack. 

Many years later, I actually received that precious box of crayons as a gift from John. This is just one of several reasons why he is so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment