Monday, May 17, 2010

While Others Study...

I sit either at home or, as in today, a quiet spot on the campus waiting for John to finish up his studying. Today it's with a tutor and soon we will be leaving for Ft. Lauderdale so that he can finish studying with his lesbian classmate. Most likely, I'll be dumped at Brew and there I will occupy my time until he's finished. Not that I mind too much. It's coffee, treats, new faces and some quality internet time. What's not to love?
I think I have a dentist appointment next week to rip the teeth from my lower jaw. I'm not looking forward to it, however, I've worried about it for so long, I just want it to be over with.
My plan of increasing my writing output has not materialized yet, but I haven't quite given up on it yet. I sense that all the pieces are there, swirling about me and it's just a matter of time until something clicks. I certainly hope so. With John making such progress at school, I've been feeling like the house idiot as of late. Of course, I know the truth and that does comfort me, but I'd like a little more. A little more attention. This is where I start whining and as John says, "Going in circles."  
My success or failure depends on me. If I want to write, then I should just write. 


My father had major surgery on his knees a while back, and while he was in no danger, it did remind me of his and my mother's mortality. I can't imagine them not being here, but then, I never imagined my beloved Mimi not being here either. One more season and it will have been a year. I still miss her and thinking about her still makes me cry. Oh well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment