Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saturday - January 2, 2010

I went to breakfast by myself this morning and promptly forgot all my rules about what I can eat. Well, maybe "ignored" is a better word, but it sure was good! I don't think the world will change though...
John is off today to meet an old friend of his whom I can't stand. Good riddance I say. He'll probably be gone most of the day and probably dinner so it's gonna be just me for the rest of the day. I had a wonderful surprise on Facebook today. An old friend from Orlando contacted me from somewhere in Wisconsin. I think he and I would have been inseparable if we weren't already married to different people. But, as it is, he's happy and so am I. Still, it was a great thrill to hear from him.
The barista here looks great with his haircut. But then, I've always been kind of sweet on him...
My online friend just told me he is HIV+...I was initially very upset, thinking of all the crap he's going to have to go through now. Hell, I still am. I've always thought of him as naively sweet with an inferiority complex that makes him a target for people who aren't very nice to him. I think he's doing okay these days, but everybody is different in how they process this bit of information. I hope it doesn't ruin him like it did me.

No comments:

Post a Comment