Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years Day @ Brew

Sitting here like the old guy from Family Guy at all the college kids here. To my right, there was suddenly a reunion/introduction of people coordinated by the girl who works here. Guess what the prevalent study was? That's right. Theater and Music... Back in my day, that was almost guaranteed homo studies, but I think things have changed quite a bit. Or not. I don't know.
Also here, are the usual studs in their baggy shorts and breath-taking smiles. They're all watching the football on TV, which I think usually guarantees a bunch of straight guys. If only they knew what kind of effect they have on the gay boys...
There is definitely an abundance of oddballs today at Brew. I don't know if it's the coffee or what, but I'm pretty sure they don't have any handouts here
Today we had breakfast at Courtyard to celebrate New Years. Last night was spent at David's playing "Scene It" in which I kicked ass. It was eerily quiet when we left, but then it is the suburbs. I saw one house with a bunch of cars surrounding it. Obviously, someone was having a party.
Resolutions for the new year? Well, "perhaps to resist the surgeon's knife for another year"....
Uh...the usual. I want to write more. I want to get my stuff out there and be known. I want to be famous...well, duh. I don't really want to continue this boring and unsatisfying life that I'm currently living. I have no excuses any more.
Wilton Drive was jumping last night as we drove into our neighborhood. I'm glad to see that. I like living near where there is life and activity.
Once again, I am trying to convince myself to commit to a writing schedule. Instead, I find myself signing up for watercolor painting with John. There was something that I read once about stimulating one side of your creativity in order to cultivate the other side. Perhaps that's the case with this, perhaps it will stimulate the writing side of my creativity.
John is near completion of his degree and we're talking about moving. We're looking towards Boca to be near school, his mom and brother and near some coffee places or library for me.
Well, that's it for now. I'm gonna try to write more often. Ultimately, daily?

No comments:

Post a Comment