Monday, October 5, 2009

New Friends?

I've just spent the last hour putzing around Facebook/Twitter, hitting up writers for some chat. I know, I know, run when you see me. But actually, I'm not that bad and besides, I would make a nice dinner companion.
So, why am I bugging writers and not doing it myself? Oh, I dunno, perhaps it's because the only writing I can do these days is this extremely small amount of blogging that I do because I can't concentrate very well on anything for very long. Unfortunately, that's the way it is. There was some talk at the beginning that it might go away with time, but while I'm able to do most things without any problem, I'm not entirely convinced that this would translate well enough for a real job. I've pretty much accepted that it's not going to get any better and I should focus on making the best of what I do have. I don't think I could be hired anywhere so it's going to have to be something I do on my own. The idea of actually writing an entire book is so daunting I don't even like to think about it. I think the best thing is to just enjoy my life, my coffee shops, my nephew and niece and of course, my husband. Once in a while, I get a little emotional about the ramifications of this, but I have learned since to mentally say, Fuhgettaboutit. Because I probably will in a few minutes anyway...
I am still happy about the few short stories I did in the past that I published online. Some people read them and liked them, so that was good. I'd really like to do it some more and perhaps expand my audience. (To publish, exactly!) So, in the meantime, I've got a slew of writing sites bookmarked and as far as I'm concerned, I'm doing research right now. Yeah, that's it. Research.

No comments:

Post a Comment