Friday, October 23, 2009

Hello…It’s Friday!

Sadly, it’s come to the point where I’m writing about my boring visit to McDonald’s for lunch (Big-N-Tasty, Fries, Coke), then to Brew for some Internet-ty fun and finally, to the downtown library to pick up some books on writing. (Surprise!) I have four books today and I think I’ve only read one of them before. It just dawned on me that I best be getting used to writing because “el stupido” entered the NaNoWriMo contest. Why? I dunno, to see if I could do it. Perhaps to make some friends at the get-together meetings. Most importantly, to stretch that writing muscle which has almost atrophied to nothing. There’s supposed to be a get together out at Nova which I may or may not go to, probably not as I prefer to be a loner, but we’ll see. I’m semi-psyched because I’m looking forward to writing and to see what happens. I hope I don’t wimp out. The best case scenario is that all that writing will produce something that might be suitable for expanding into something publishable. Have I mentioned that Augusten Burroughs is my god?

Yesterday, I went to the Boca library while John was at school and then I think I threw a fit and wanted to go home immediately. Or something like that. My memory is not only bad, it’s selective.

But, it’s Friday, which means some kind of movie on the telly, some takeout and what I would call quality time with the hubby. I know he enjoys it as well, because the week is a bear with all his studying and teaching.

I guess that’s it for now.

I’ve been using Windows Live Writer, which apparently is just for blogging, and I have to say, I’m impressed. It’s small, unobtrusive, and most importantly, it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment