Saturday, May 30, 2009

Has It Really Been A Week?

Geez...time flies when you're not doing much. I uploaded my two stories, "The Bookseller" and "Margaret Malloy" to Scribd.com and EditRed. I'm only doing it to kind of get the feel of spreading my work around and maybe getting some feedback. I'm pretty sure this is what I'd like to do for a living. God knows, I've already got the temperament of a spoiled genius. Now if I just had the bankroll...
It's Saturday night and I'm remembering the "good old days" when I'd be getting ready to go out, "Golden Girls" on the TV, 2 or 3 beers already in me, seeing which outfit would: 1. Make my butt/groin look hot and 2. Make my arms look beefy. And then it was the hair...Lord. I think I finally figured out the best way to do it. When it's towel-dry, throw a little gel into it and generally get it where I want it. Later on, I can adjust as necessary. It were times like that when I just wanted to shave my head and be done with it. I think towards "the end of my career", or right before I met John and stopped going out, I would wear a baseball cap a lot. Number one because I had "receded"more than I was comfortable with and Number two I just didn't give a crap anymore. And I did look cute. I figured if I got lucky that night, it was all coming off anyway. And then I'd have something to throw on my head as I took the "walk of shame" out of there. *Sigh* Good times...
I'm alone with the kids tonight because John's meeting someone from his atheist's meeting at JavaBoys. If I hadn't already gone today, I would have tagged along. Oh hell, he needs his own time sometimes. I'm enjoying the writing, but I wonder if I've run out of things already. Those two things were stories I always had in my head. I wonder if I have anything else to say. Oh yeah...I haven't even begun to dig into the childhood. And the Catholic church and the nuns and being a near-genius at eight....

No comments:

Post a Comment